August 14, 2008

Ocean Therapy



KK and I spent a fantastic weekend in Emerald Isle, NC with nine other crazies, mostly friends of mine from college, and a few new additions. There were several birthdays nearby, so we made and ate desserts like you wouldn't believe. They were delicious. Though the house was nearly overflowing with food, we had so much of it. Here are some of the cast of characters:







The weather was fantastic - and it's always so great to get out in the waves. Since I don't spend a lot of time at the shore, I often forget how powerful the ocean feels. I like the sense of smallness it gives me: it reduces my worries and preoccupations to their correct proportion -- which is infinitesimal. Thanks, Ocean.

1 comment:

Spinning Ninny said...

yay beach.

boo liz for taking too long to flickr her photos.