February 26, 2008

Back at it

Ok, so I haven't exactly been a fervent poster on this blog... two posts in 6 months is not very good.

But after a long hiatus, I'm running again (practically against my will) which seemed like a good opportunity to try again!

Here's the deal: since the race in August I've been running about three times -- once with my funny brother, who has only recently taken it up, and who wiped the floor with me on the hills at home. As a way to inspire myself to get back into it, I signed up for the 2008 Cherry Blossom ten miler (April 6th). Or, sort of signed up: I got on the wait list for the Fed's Credit Union team, and then didn't think much more about it. Apparently wait lists are not good at inspiring me to run....

But last week, when down at the credit union to do a deposit, I was informed that a spot had opened up. So now I have six weeks to shed about 7 or 8 winter pounds, and go from no running to running 10 fast miles... (because of course I can't resign myself to just finishing - no, I want to finish fast...)

Last week I ran five days in a row, finishing the week with a six or so mile "long" run. My legs are in shock: they thought we were retired. They hurt like hell this week - yesterday my first run for this week was more like a shuffle.

No comments: